• Embassy Services
  • gb fr

For any emergency situation in progress, residents should call 911. This number works across Canada. Response times may be slower in remote areas. Police, fire and ambulance services are dispatched when these calls are made.

When calling 911, it is important to stay on the line until directed by the operator to end the call. Non-English speaking callers must remain on the line while a translator is found. Deaf or hard-of-hearing callers should repeatedly press the space bar announcer key on the telephone in order to access the TDD (TTY) service.

OTTAWA (National Capital Region)

Emergency police, fire, ambulance: 911

Ottawa Police Service: 613-236-1222

Ottawa City Services (garbage removal, animal control): 311 or 613-580-2400

Ottawa Humane Society: 613-725-3166

Poison control line: 1-800-268-9017

Women’s crisis line: 613-745-4818

Ontario Assaulted Women’s Help Line: 1-866-863-0511

Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868

Gatineau Police Service: 819-246-0222

Gatineau City Services (garbage removal, pet control and other services): 311 or 819-595-7575


Emergency police, fire, ambulance: 911

Montréal police community service:
Eastern – 514-280-0900, Northern – 514-280-0800, Southern – 514-280-0700, Western – 514-280-0600

City of Montréal for non-emergency calls: 311

Info santé health hotline: 811

Poison control centre: 1-800-463-5060

Fem’aide (assaulted women’s helpline): 1-877-336-2433

Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868


Emergency police, fire, ambulance: 911

Toronto police non-emergency: 416-808-2222

City of Toronto for non-emergency calls: 416-392-CITY (2489) (or 311 within city limits)

Poison control line: 1-800-268-9017

Assaulted Women’s Help Line: 416-863-0511; 1-866-863-0511

Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868


Emergency police, fire, ambulance: 911

Non-Emergency Ambulance: (403) 261-4000

Non-Emergency Police Service: (403) 266-1234

Calgary Humane Society: 403-205-4455

Poison control centre: 944-1414

Child abuse hot line: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437)

Calgary Health Link (24 hour health information): 943-5465

Calgary Women’s Emergency Shelter: 1-866-606-7233

Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868


Emergency police, fire and ambulance: 911

Health Link (Free nurse advice): 811

Edmonton Police Services non-emergency: 780-423-4567 or #377

Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-5437

Family Violence Infoline: 310-1818

Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868

Poison & Drug Information Service: 1-800-332-1414

Mental Health Helpline: 1-877-303-2642

Edmonton Humane Society: 780-471-1774

City of Edmonton for all non-emergency calls: 311


Emergency police, fire, ambulance: 911

Vancouver police community services: 604-717-3321

HealthLink BC: 811

City of Vancouver for all non-emergency calls: 311

Child Welfare Hotline: 1-800-663-9122

Vancouver Humane Society: 604-266-9744

Poison Control Line: 1-800-567-8911

Battered Women Support Services and Crisis Line: 604-687-1867 or 1-855-687-1868

Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868